Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost

So, "Lost" is over and the blogs are buzzing with reviews of the finale. Personally, I liked it a lot, and I had to go looking online to see if I could get some of my own questions answered. While browsing through comments posted on USA Today's site, many fans agreed with me and thought the finale "rocked" while others thought it the "worst ending ever." It's to be expected. But the posting that really caught my eye was this one:

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. Half the comments on this page are by Lost fans and the other are by people calling the show tripe, or calling the fans of the show the masses. Why? Why, do you get on here and do that? I really want to know what the point is of bashing the show or its fans. Everyone has something they like, just because you dont doesnt mean you need to be a dooshbag (sp). I also notice the people who bash the show NEVER say what their interests are. For the record, I loved the show and enjoyed the finale."

I couldn't have said it better myself! What IS the point of bashing the show and its fans? I suspect those people are the same ones who lashed out in high school and who counselors tried to make excuses for by saying they had low self-esteem rather than just admitting that they were bad seeds. Why do so many people get their jollies criticizing people for liking something they don't? It's not like it adds to the discussion. To me, it's just ignorance and stupidity. Personally, I can't think of a positive thing to say about this whole vampire obsession that people have, but I'm not going to go onto some blog or discussion board and start bashing those people and the shows they like just because I don't like what they like. To each, their own, and if you don't like the fact that I loved "Lost," that it gave me hours upon hours of great, quality entertainment, and that I'm kind of depressed that it's all over, then, please, just shut your trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment